Jenoptik Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 87 086 821 696) (“Jenoptik”, “us” or “we”) is committed to managing your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable laws.
Jenoptik owns and operates the website www.jenoptik.com.au (the Website).
Jenoptik owns and operates business information systems and applications for all business process relevant information (ERP/ CRM systems).
Jenoptik is a world-leading provider of innovative traffic safety technology and services. Our services include the provision of fixed red-light and speed safety cameras, mobile speed cameras, ANPR cameras, back-office incident processing, network management and an outsourced partnered program for mobile speed camera enforcement delivered as a managed service.
Personal information is any information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, regardless of whether or not the information is true or recorded in a material form. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect any information which you provide to us, including:
- first name;
- postcode and town/city;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- customer number;
- IP address;
- whether the contact refers to prototype or series production;
- number of units of the product(s);
- product category of the product(s) or services offered;
- camera serial number;
- machine data (machine type, serial number, production/material number) for service and support activities; and
- any other information which you may provide to Jenoptik.
If we have engaged you or your company as a service provider, we may also collect information required to make payments to you (such as bank account details), your Australian Business Number, as well as insurance details and proof of qualifications.
We may collect the following information from you when you visit the Website:
- the date, time, access status and any request your browser sends to the server;
- the amount of data transferred and the website from which you accessed the requested page;
- the individual pages which you visit on the Website;
- the product and version information accessed, as well as the preferred language set; and
- IP data, including your IP address.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information by several means, including:
- when you visit the Website;
- when you contact us in person or by telephone or video communications, email correspondence or contact forms submitted via the Website;
- from employment candidates, employees, contractors, customers, consultants, suppliers and other persons or entities which we communicate with in the course of providing our products and services to customers; and
- from third parties, such as recruiters, referees nominated by employment candidates and entities providing background check services.
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it?
The purposes for which we collect information will depend on your relationship with Jenoptik, but will include:
- to provide customers with products and services in accordance with our agreements with those customers and to manage our customer relationships;
- to respond to communications from stakeholders, including current and potential employees, contractors, customers, consultants, suppliers and other persons or entities which we communicate with in the course of conducting our business;
- to enable us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- to ensure the correct functioning and security of the Website and our information technology systems;
- for recruitment purposes, including evaluating the suitability of employment candidates and pre-employment screening;
- for internal business purposes, including to conduct administrative, accounting and human resources functions; and
- for any other purpose, provided that the purpose is related to Jenoptik’s functions and the relevant person would reasonably expect Jenoptik to collect that information for that purpose.
Jenoptik also uses de-identified or anonymised information (i.e. information which does not identify you) for the following purposes:
- to use Google Analytics to monitor the flow of visitors to our Website; and
- to assist Sitecore to provide web analysis functions, including to evaluate use of the Website and compile reports about activity on the Website.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other entities within the Jenoptik Group who assist us in conducting our business and providing products and services to our customers;
- third party service providers, contractors and suppliers who also assist us in conducting our business and providing products and services to our customers;
- our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, auditors and taxation advisors; and
- law enforcement bodies, regulatory or government bodies, courts of law or any other similar bodies in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may disclose information to other entities in the Jenoptik Group who are located overseas in the following regions:
- the EU;
- the USA; and
- the Asia Pacific.
Jenoptik may use your personal information to send to you marketing materials and other information about our products and services.
If you do not wish to receive these communications, please use the “unsubscribe” facility which is contained in our electronic communications to opt out from receiving marketing communications. Alternatively, you can contact Jenoptik using the contact details below to inform us that you do not wish to receiving marketing communications from us.
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
Our enterprise resource planning system is hosted in Singapore. Our customer relationship management systems and applications are hosted in Germany.
Jenoptik takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include:
- we maintain secure computer and information management systems to prevent unauthorised use, including limiting access to employees who do not require access to personal information, disabling access to personal information for former employees and protecting personal information from unauthorised use;
- depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information, we may store some of the information electronically or in hard-copy;
- we will destroy or de-identify personal information once we are no longer required to hold it for a purpose for which it may be used under the Australian Privacy Principles or another applicable law or a court or tribunal order; and
- we will ask customers, suppliers or contractors who have access to personal information held by Jenoptik to execute an agreement that will contain an acknowledgement that they are fully compliant with the Privacy Act.
We need cookies for the following applications:
- identification of the user session in the server’s memory;
- prevention of and defence against attacks (e.g. anti-forgery tokens to prevent cross-site request forgery);
- storage of the information that the user does not wish to be redirected to a certain URL.
The user data collected by cookies is not used to create user profiles.
Accessing personal information and seeking corrections
Jenoptik will provide a person with access to their personal information upon written request, except where:
- Jenoptik reasonably believes that providing access to the information would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Jenoptik and the individual and the personal information would not normally be discoverable;
- providing access would reveal Jenoptik’s intentions in negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- Jenoptik has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to Jenoptik’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement-related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- providing access would reveal evaluative information generated within Jenoptik in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
The written request should be made to the email or postal address set out below in the contact details.
Once Jenoptik has responded to a request for access, if the person is able to establish that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or otherwise incorrect, Jenoptik will correct the information.
Jenoptik may refuse to correct the information as requested in certain circumstances in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and include a statement with your personal information about the requested correction.
If you have a complaint regarding Jenoptik’s management of your personal information, you may make your complaint to the Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
The Data Protection Officer will review your complaint and attempt to resolve it directly with you.
We will aim to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of your compliant. In the case of a complex complaint or a complaint which requires extensive investigation, we may require more than 30 days to respond to the compliant. We will let you know if we require more than 30 days to respond to your complaint.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted via telephone on 1300 363 992 or using the contact details on the website www.oaic.gov.au.
Data Protection Officer of Jenoptik AG
07743 Jena Germany
Last Updated: 2 December 2020